Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mom's tuna Noodle Cassarole

I must have had this for dinner 3 nights a week growing up. It is fast, a full meal, and makes great leftovers. I have kept the recipe as I originally got it, but when I make it I often add various other veggies to it I have listed as optional. I also leave out the tomatoes. I hate tomatoes.

Can be made ahead but does not freeze well.

Prep time- 15 minutes
Cooking Time- 25 minutes
Feeds - 6 with leftovers

Number of things that get dirty- 4
pasta pot
mixing bowl
spoon
large pyrex

Ingredients
yolkless noodles
3 eggs
1 large container plain yogurt
1 green onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, slices
2 cans of tuna
1 zucchini, slices thin
1/3 - 1/2 C grated mozzarella

optional
brocolli
cauliglower
green beans

cook yolkless noodles as per the directions on the package
combine well drained noodles with green onion, yogurt, tuna and eggs.
mix thoroughly
add optional ingredients if desired
pour into pyrex baking dish
lay on sliced tomatoes and zucchini
sprinke with mozzarella cheese

bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes or until the top is starting to brown.

0 comments: