Monday, November 10, 2008

Pantry stocking

This is a list of what I try to keep in the house on a regular basis. I will add to it as needed. Yes I have recipies that call for stuff not on this list, but this is the "if I have it in the house I know I have about a million choices for making dinner and no one will be bored" list. This is, more or less the "basic" set of ingredients that I use when I cook. Anything not here is more of an additive.

Canned goods
tuna
mushrooms
peaches
tomato paste
honey
carrot baby food


Dry goods
persian rice
instant mashed potatoes
spaghetti
some sort of shaped pasta
barley
red lentils
yellow lentils
split peas
Bread Crumbs
white beans
Israeli cous cous


Oils
Olive oil
Canola or some sort of regular oil
sesame oil


Random cooking ingredients
vinegar
apple cider vinegar
apple sauce


Freezer
broccoli
cauliflower
peas and carrots
corn
1 lb ground beef
1 package of skinless boneless chicken breast
1 whole chicken
sliced bread
package of pita
roll of filo dough
nutriwhip


Fridge
Eggs
prepared chopped garlic
garlic dressing
ketchup
mustard
soy sauce
mayonnaise
milk
mozarella
fat free cream cheese
lemon juice

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
apples
bananas
cucumber
potatoes
carrots
onion

Spice Rack
salt
pepper
dill
curry
cumin
onion powder
garlic powder
zatar
mustard powder
"shwarma spice"
basil
oregano


Baking stuff
flour
brown sugar
white sugar
baking powder
baking soda
vanilla
cocoa
chocolate chips

Random other stuff always in the house
Peanut butter
Jam
Wafers
Choumous
Pretzles

0 comments: